Wednesday, August 10, 2022

La Vita è Bella

      In my previous post When in Rome I made a brief intoduction to my trip to Rome, Italy. Let me show you some of the places that we visited and explored on our

first day. 




 First stop - The Trevi Fountain, perhaps the most famous fountain in the world and definitely in Rome. This was one of my favorite places we visited. The photos cannot convey all of its beauty.








We were immediately drawn to a huge mirror right below the ceiling frescoes that magnifies the paintings. This way we could capture the incredible detail of the fresco of Saint Ignatius entering paradise.






The Pantheon in Rome is the only ancient Roman building remained nearly intact through the centuries. Although the waiting line was long, it took us about 2 minutes to enter. You don't need to buy tickets to go inside The Pantheon.




The Spanish steps 
(Scalinata della Trinità dei Monti)



The Spanish steps represent figuratively and metaphorically the close relationship between the Sacred and the Eternal city. There are 135 steps and three different terraces, referring to the Holy Trinity (the Trinità). This is a good leg exercise, for sure! :D







I will see you in my next post with more photos and adventures. 


Have you been to Rome, Italy? Let me know in the comments!

Check out my INSTAGRAM ;)

24 comments:

  1. After watching the movie Letters to Juliet, I said I should definitely go, but it would be a holiday that would hang my budget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I really need to go back. It looks like you really enjoyed yourself! Thank you for sharing! Have a lovely week!
    PerlaGiselle | iamperlita.com
    ♥ | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this looks absolutely incredible! I would love to visit one day! These pictures are remarkable.
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rome is a beauty! I love their architecture. The fountain looks cool.
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a perfect trip! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could visit Rome one day! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fountain captured my heart. Beautiful photos and post.

    whatsupivy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks great, thnx for sharing :))

    ReplyDelete